I am a huge sucker for mainstream pop music and I think I always will be 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not oblivious to other genres of music. In fact, I love everything from rock to country, to classical and even comedy songs. Yet currently this compilation CD from Now Music has me listening to the same songs on repeat for hours! This CD wasn’t even released recently, it came out in 2013! I haven’t always been into music, but since my teenage years began its been a very important part of my life. Not only listening to songs and appreciating different artists, but I also sing and I am teaching myself the keyboard. I feel like all music will be appreciated by someone out there, whether we agree with them or not, so don’t judge my choices haha 😉 The songs that I’ve been enjoying in particular are:
- Locked Out Of Heaven by Bruno Mars – This song is so much fun to sing! I was in a choir for the past year and this is one of the songs that we sang, so it always brings back great memories every time I hear it 🙂
- I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas – Now when this song comes on, you know it’s time to party because you know that tonight really is gunna be a good night 😉
- Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell – You know, when this song first came out I wasn’t really a fan of it. However, good old Robin Thicke has converted me and now I know all the words.
- Payphone by Marron 5 featuring Wiz Khalifa – I loved this song as soon as it came out and then I listened to it so much, that I got a little sick of it, but now it’s back on my IPod and i’m loving Adam Levine’s voice 🙂
- Die Young by Ke$ha – LET ME EXPLAIN BEFORE YOU GO JUDGING ME BECAUSE IT’S KE$HA! First of all, as a vocalist myself I feel like I might make the song better, but overall this song is real fun and I can imagine myself dancing to this song at a party anytime.
- Ready Or Not by Bridgit Mendler – This is one of those songs where you start bobbing in your chair when you hear it 🙂 I didn’t actually know this song before hand, but i’m glad I do now.
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson – Anyone who knows me, knows that i’m a Kelly Clarkson fan and when this song came out, I felt really empowered by it and immediately had to learn the dance moves from the music video off course!
- Human by The Killers – This song has a beautiful build up to it which naturally makes me want to sing to it, with that thud of the base drum throughout keeping the timing of the song perfectly.
- Heart Attack by Demi Lovato – One of my favourite Disney Channel stars, Demi Lovato was rightly recognized with this song and her voice is so amazing with the amount of power she has!
- Apologize by OneRepublic – This song has a great piano piece attached to it and is definitely one i’d like to learn one day. The emotion through the song is really felt and I always take the meaningful lyrics to heart.
- Fireflies by Owl City – So much fun! I didn’t know this song when it came out, I knew of it, but I had never actually heard it and I didn’t know it was by Owl City! Love it 🙂
- Ho Hey by The Lumineers – Great song for everyone to join in with and really relays the feelings of family and togetherness 🙂
So theses are the songs I’ve been loving recently. All of them are so much fun to sing and make me super happy 🙂 If you have any songs you’ve been enjoying recently, feel free to leave a comment below 🙂